FA CUP TOTTENHAM V CHELTENHAM

Reply

maz4spurs member

Well Mackayfan if we want to keep on track with your hopes for the Double this season we need to send these “minnows” packing with a
nice BIG win at the Lane :up:

Hopefully this will prove to be the case! Be interesting to see the team that Harry puts out for this one but we definately don’t want
to be taking it “easy” and think that it’s a given to win it though.

Looking forward to r predictions and the likely team line-up :dance:

shawry member

Well the WBA game should have sent a loud message to Harry that some player rotation is required for games in quick succession. Yes the FA cup is important but at this stage we need to take a risk in resting our first team.
For this game we can still field a strong team and make sure the Everton game can be won.
Team –
Cudicini
Corluka, Kaboul, Bassong, Rose
Pienaar, Livermore, Kranjcar, Gio
Pav, Defoe
Subs – Gomes, Dawson, Lennon, Flaque
Should give the three outfield subs a good run, include getting Kaboul, Defoe off.
Win by two or three.

Lord Lane nonmember

I’m not one for resting players but, fark, something has to be done.
These pre-madona’s are payed a mint and can’t handle 19 league games!!! Soft.

Livermore needs some game time, Bale needs to harden the fck up plus Defoe needs goals and confidence.
Put Bale in the VDV role behind Defoe and have Sandro (or Kranjcar if injured) and Livermore in the middle, Pienaar on the left with one of the kids on the right (Kane). With our normal back 5, should be a breeze.

rebrov100 nonmember

Kids for 5 pounds kinda tells us the team that will play.

Taking both boys to this one. My 6 year old’s first time!

PS
Kane is at Millwall on loan!!

COYS

SammyC nonmember

micky mouse cup

RichS nonmember

Dawson should start – needs the run.
VdV Modric Bale BAE Parker to put the feet up.

Cudicini or Gomes? not sure.

I’m probably on my own here, but I hate Cheltenham.

Saha43 nonmember

to be honest, i’d rather lose than draw. the extra fixture is definitely not required. keep in mind we have two crucial home games against toffees and wolves in the space of 3.5 days. squad rotation is a must but we don’t have the cattle at the moment to be able to do this.
anyone know how long parker is out for? any updates on lennon, gallas and sandro? now would be the right time to swoop on samba!
would i be correct in thinking there is no fa cup coverage on any network bar setanta? would love a live feed if anyone can fine one?

Dec nonmember

There will likely be a stream. I found this site particularly tasty over the festive period whilst at my folks house in mandurah without fox

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Silver administrator

I don’t think there will be a stream – this game isn’t on TV anywhere in the world. It will be back to the early 2000s with the Videprinter or radio.

Cudicini
Corluka Bassong Dawson Rose
Lennon Livermore Pienaar Kranjcar
Defoe Pavlyuchenko

Not a poor team by any means, just resting the most important players for the season. Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Lennon, Kranjcar, Defoe and Pav were all instrumental in us finishing 4th, no reason why they can’t beat Cheltenham.

4-1 win.

Pommie expat member

@Silver wrote:

I don’t think there will be a stream – this game isn’t on TV anywhere in the world. It will be back to the early 2000s with the Videprinter or radio.

Cudicini
Corluka Bassong Dawson Rose
Lennon Livermore Pienaar Kranjcar
Defoe Pavlyuchenko

Not a poor team by any means, just resting the most important players for the season. Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Lennon, Kranjcar, Defoe and Pav were all instrumental in us finishing 4th, no reason why they can’t beat Cheltenham.

4-1 win.

I like your team set up Tom. 3-1 : Pav (2), Defoe

Oh the memories of the videprinter (I’ll take you back to the 80’s) – BBC – great way to get the results – depending on whether you played home or away of course with the suspense as the printer spent 5 mins on each result as they came through…

N o t t i n g h a m F o r e s t – 0 (oh ,oh a draw/win,pleease) v T o t t e n h am H o t s p u r – 3 (YEEEESSSS!).

They were the days.

N17 member

@Pommie expat wrote:

Oh the memories of the videprinter (I’ll take you back to the 80’s) – BBC – great way to get the results – depending on whether you played home or away of course with the suspense as the printer spent 5 mins on each result as they came through…

N o t t i n g h a m F o r e s t – 0 (oh ,oh a draw/win,pleease) v T o t t e n h am H o t s p u r – 3 (YEEEESSSS!).

when we won they should have called it the yid-eprinter!

Phil member

I like Tom’s team with the exception of Corluka. Corluka is so off the pace these days it’s not funny.

3-0 Spurs.

The videprinter was nail-biting stuff alright. Much more exciting than your new fangled live games on TV.

shawry member

Crap – Livermore struggling to be fit for weekend game. The crash with Kaboul’s head has caused 18 stiches. He wants to play and we don’t want to have use Parker.
Anyone for Carroll – lightweight ? or Pienaar.

maz4spurs member

If you have THTV u should be able to listen to the game!!! that’s what I’m hoping for anyway :up:

Like r team line-up as well Tom, cheers Maz

Dec nonmember

Cheers Silver, I didn’t know it wasn’t televised! I like your line up too :dancingcock:

I presume match commentary will be on BBC London 94.9FM radio, BUT if you try to listen on the bbc site it will block you because they don’t stream overseas. There’s a back route in if you download an app called Tune In Radio. Tune to 94.9 and you can listen to the spurs-loving commentators from The Lane. At least that’s how I did it whilst on holiday in Bali a few months back. :up:

Dec nonmember

Actually make that BBC Radio Gloucestershire
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16428358.stm

6 month pass on Spurs TV is only 20 squid

Bris-Yid bbp_participant

I’m going to The Lane with a few good mates for this one. Can’t see anything but a win.
I’m hopefully meeting up with Gudge too. Should be an interesting arvo out :scarf:
COYS

Mackayfan member

Not worried about the line up. Just looking forward to the 4th Round Draw.
Another home game against a smaller team would be good.
Love the family atmosphere of the FA Cup. Especially when a smaller team was involved.
Having said that I remember the Canaries coming to WHL in force. I was only a young lad,
We only drew then lost at Carrow Road in the replay. 🙁

Jo Smart nonmember

Just joined and wondering if the Cheltenham game will be shown tonight atPig & Whistle, Eagle St?

Jo :scarf:

Clarkey member

@Dec wrote:

Cheers Silver, I didn’t know it wasn’t televised! I like your line up too :dancingcock:

I presume match commentary will be on BBC London 94.9FM radio, BUT if you try to listen on the bbc site it will block you because they don’t stream overseas. There’s a back route in if you download an app called Tune In Radio. Tune to 94.9 and you can listen to the spurs-loving commentators from The Lane. At least that’s how I did it whilst on holiday in Bali a few months back. :up:

What a load of agro – someone let me know we won and by how much

Lord Lane nonmember

@Clarkey wrote:

@Dec wrote:

Cheers Silver, I didn’t know it wasn’t televised! I like your line up too :dancingcock:

I presume match commentary will be on BBC London 94.9FM radio, BUT if you try to listen on the bbc site it will block you because they don’t stream overseas. There’s a back route in if you download an app called Tune In Radio. Tune to 94.9 and you can listen to the spurs-loving commentators from The Lane. At least that’s how I did it whilst on holiday in Bali a few months back. :up:

What a load of agro – someone let me know we won and by how much

Just get a mate to text you updates during the game.
Don’t the BBC do live scores?

N17 member

@Jo Smart wrote:

Just joined and wondering if the Cheltenham game will be shown tonight atPig & Whistle, Eagle St?

Jo :scarf:

No go Jo.

Silver administrator

Commentary link:
http://veetle.com/v/4ea1a98f9e8f8

The line up:
Cudicini; Livermore, Bassong, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Giovani; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

JimtheKingofDiamonds bbp_participant

Thanks Tom

Captain HQ member

@Silver wrote:

Commentary link:
http://veetle.com/v/4ea1a98f9e8f8

The line up:
Cudicini; Livermore, Bassong, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Giovani; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Thanks works well. :scarf:

maz4spurs member

@Dec wrote:

There will likely be a stream. I found this site particularly tasty over the festive period whilst at my folks house in mandurah without fox

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Nice one – enjoyed the stream, no problems at all!

Good result 3-0 and great to see Aza back and Daws as well. On to the next round :dancingcock:

Mackayfan member

FA Cup always special for Tottenham crowd 35,672. :up:
Didn’t watch your stream myself though Tom . 🙁

borgsta2007 member

good win by the sounds. Anyone got any highlights linked???

simothfc nonmember

Let’s keep this going

Lord Lane nonmember

Comprehensive win as expected.
4th round Draw is 5:30pm UK time today.

william maher member

Well I don’t mean to brag but I put $5 on Spurs to beat Cheltenham 3-0 and won $32.50. I don’t bet very much so I was happy with my little win.
Have just checked the Fox Sports TV guide for next week and they WONT be showing the Spurs/Everton match live. Bastards! :down: Was really looking forward to seeing another live match before I go back to work.
Anyway it was good to see that all the changes Harry made to the line up didn’t adversely effect our performance as a group in the Cheltenham match. :up:

cartz411 nonmember

@william maher wrote:

Well I don’t mean to brag but I put $5 on Spurs to beat Cheltenham 3-0 and won $32.50. I don’t bet very much so I was happy with my little win.
Have just checked the Fox Sports TV guide for next week and they WONT be showing the Spurs/Everton match live. Bastards! :down: Was really looking forward to seeing another live match before I go back to work. Anyway it was good to see that all the changes Harry made to the line up didn’t adversely effect our performance as a group in the Cheltenham match. :up:

Funny cos Austar are showing it at 6.30am on FS3

maz4spurs member

@cartz411 wrote:

@william maher wrote:

Well I don’t mean to brag but I put $5 on Spurs to beat Cheltenham 3-0 and won $32.50. I don’t bet very much so I was happy with my little win.
Have just checked the Fox Sports TV guide for next week and they WONT be showing the Spurs/Everton match live. Bastards! :down: Was really looking forward to seeing another live match before I go back to work. Anyway it was good to see that all the changes Harry made to the line up didn’t adversely effect our performance as a group in the Cheltenham match. :up:

Funny cos Austar are showing it at 6.30am on FS3

:up: Thought it would be most unusual for the game not to be shown!!

thedogzeus nonmember

Feeling quite reassured that we do in fact have a “squad”.

Livermore is going to have to fill the DM role, which worries me a bit, but apparently had his best game of the year, playing at RB against the Robins, which shows he has the defensive capabilities to play in a central defensive role.

Kranjcar was by most accounts a class above playing in the central play making role. Read some disparaging remarks about his performance about WBA, those people must have just been listening to that dipshit cockney commentator. Kanjcar is class, bit inconsistent sure, but on his day, every bit as good as Modric and takes his scoring chances better than Modric IMO. Anyone who’s watched Spurs closely over the last three seasons would find it hard to argue he’s anything but quality. Have a look at his ball to Dos Tacos for our first goal…..fark me, its best ball i’ve seen all year.

Some of the guys who played last night, must play a greater role in the PL for the rest of the games if we are to truly challenge at the top.

Absolutely chuffed with this result. I love the FA Cup, means plenty, those who reckon it’s “mickey mouse”… should we give back the 8 we’ve won?

COYS

maz4spurs member

@maz4spurs wrote:

@Dec wrote:

There will likely be a stream. I found this site particularly tasty over the festive period whilst at my folks house in mandurah without fox

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Nice one – enjoyed the stream, no problems at all!

Good result 3-0 and great to see Aza back and Daws as well. On to the next round :dancingcock:

Even nicer with ManC losing :up:

shawry member

@neil wrote:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/01/08/tottenham-vs-cheltenham-highlights-3-0-fa-cup-goals-video-2012-defoe-dos-santos-pavlyuchenko/

Good goals

Thanks neil, that was good and they were great goals.
:scarf: :dancingcock: :scarf:

Saha43 nonmember

@thedogzeus wrote:

Feeling quite reassured that we do in fact have a “squad”.

Livermore is going to have to fill the DM role, which worries me a bit, but apparently had his best game of the year, playing at RB against the Robins, which shows he has the defensive capabilities to play in a central defensive role.

Kranjcar was by most accounts a class above playing in the central play making role. Read some disparaging remarks about his performance about WBA, those people must have just been listening to that dipshit cockney commentator. Kanjcar is class, bit inconsistent sure, but on his day, every bit as good as Modric and takes his scoring chances better than Modric IMO. Anyone who’s watched Spurs closely over the last three seasons would find it hard to argue he’s anything but quality. Have a look at his ball to Dos Tacos for our first goal…..fark me, its best ball i’ve seen all year.

Some of the guys who played last night, must play a greater role in the PL for the rest of the games if we are to truly challenge at the top.

Absolutely chuffed with this result. I love the FA Cup, means plenty, those who reckon it’s “mickey mouse”… should we give back the 8 we’ve won?

COYS

:up:

Could agree more regarding the Kranky comments. I’d be farking shattered if we let him go. I wish he got more of an opportunity. I’ll be the first to admit he was very average against Albion but he came on at a time where we seemed to be protecting the lead as opposed to killing off the game. His scoring ratio when given the opportunity is exceptional!!!

maz4spurs member

And apparently Niko now wants to stay and fight for his place :up:

parklaneseats85 nonmember

blinding day out after a massive friday night , old kentish town reunion all the old crowd out all two of em plus 23 herberts, good mix of yids and gooners
Cheltenham brought 5,000 down and added to the atmosphere . nice to see a 3rd rd game again been too long since i was up at old trafford in early 97 with 9,000 travelling spurs massive.
massive saturday night, now depressed about the trip back down under.
Forgot what a great country this is , cheap , great boozers, proper football , genourous people , London town in all its glory , Finest Norfolk countryside in all its prime and 3 blinding days out down the lane with one to come on wednesday, and one top day out at Norwich

rebrov100 nonmember

The C and H was bouncing til late.

Singing, dancing and piss taking galore. Right old knees up.

:dancingcock:

Gudge nonmember

I was there that day 3-0
Dogs ears spot on
We still bang on about the importance of the cups to this day
Mehstg
Top four wins fuck all

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.