2018 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Silver administrator

Right then silly season will be upon us soon. Your hopes and desires for the transfer window? Thankfully it closes before the season starts (at least for incomings) so hopefully our squad will be nice and settled.

OUT:
Aurier
Sissoko
Llorente
Rose
Alderweireld (donโ€™t want it but likely)
Dembele (lots of noise about China)

IN:
Mathias de Ligt
Ryan Sessegnon
A proper CM
A proper striker
Some competition for Eriksen

Silver administrator

With this news, Iโ€™m hoping that means no more Aurier. Trippier and KWP are surely enough / better.

Clarkey member

Apparently we have an interest in Stoke player Xherdan Shaqiri.

Not a fan as not an improvement on the squad and he is somewhat lazy

walshy member

I genuinely have no opinion on in/outs – key is to keep as many as possible.
Even Sissoko as he obviously plays a role.
Maybe an upgrade on Llorente?

Clarkey member

Keep Sissoko, surely not.

We are so close to getting a trophy ๐Ÿ† etc but need more game changers and they cost money. We have a strong squad but itโ€™s still getting us to nearly in the final, nearly top of Prem. I want more than nearly.

If poch canโ€™t spend, he will go.

jockney nonmember

Nice one Walshy ๐Ÿ˜‚ Always loved the humor of the Forum ๐Ÿ˜‚ Keep Sissoko

The Tea Lady plays a roll as well.

jockney nonmember

Cheeky bid for Morata !!!

jockney nonmember

Get a jock on the books. Always win something with a jock on the books st Tottenham. Even a Jock tea lady.

Waddles Mullet Waddles Mullet

Waddles Mullet halloffamer

Sexist and racist, nice work Jockerney.

Mackayfan member

Carter Vickers
Walker Peters
Sanchez
Winks
All signed up
Now sort out the Main men
Contract a day so far since season finished ๐Ÿ˜Š keep up the good work

walshy member

@jockney said:
Nice one Walshy ๐Ÿ˜‚ Always loved the humor of the Forum ๐Ÿ˜‚ Keep Sissoko

๐Ÿ˜‰

Come on Jockney, we need someone to scream abuse at.
The rest of the squad are just too damn likeable.

jockney nonmember

Spot on Mate. I hear Gudge has just been banned from face ache for putting a picture of a Gollywog up.
That Gudge is scallywag by all accounts ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mackayfan member

I used to collect Gollywog badges got them with Robertsons blackcurrent Jam. Not Politically Correct nowdays I suppose ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
I still own Black and White Minstrel Vinal LP passed on by my Mum I wonder if I am allowed to play it ๐Ÿ˜•

Silver administrator

Not politically correct!! Try down right racist and offensive. Gudge will be taking a break from Facebook and the forums.

Mackayfan member

Tom I’m not sure in what context the term was used. But for generations was a popular cuddly toy in the UK ๐Ÿ˜•

Clarkey member

Facebook post was removed before I seen it but I think that it was more how the golliwog was used rather than the doll itself.

I know that growing up it was just a character and none of us or most of us did not actually know what it was in reference too in other countries, to the Britโ€™s just a character on a jam jar etc.

Even now a lot of Britโ€™s would argue itโ€™s not racist but we all know some are very offended by it, even if we donโ€™t know why.

http://theconversation.com/to-me-golliwogs-are-racist-but-a-tearoom-tangle-and-a-new-poll-shows-britain-disagrees-84314

Silver administrator

“I’m not offended by it” is a poor excuse.

jockney nonmember

Was a stupid post by all accounts.Gollywogs Iโ€™m told by Simon B are still on sale in a shop in Adelaide. None of them are named after Tottenham
Players.
I noticed another post was shutdown with the Adebayor song debated and washing windscreens on the North circular was Iโ€™m sure next. However the most offensive thing Iโ€™ve heard is calling someone a Pedo when they are not. Worse than all the racism Iโ€™ve ever heard at a football match IMO.

Enfield Shane nonmember

@jockney said:
However the most offensive thing Iโ€™ve heard is calling someone a Pedo when they are not. .

That sucks

I’ve heard a lot worse at collingwood

chanticleer nonmember

Out
Sissoko
Wanyama
Dembele
Sanchez
Aurier
Rose

In
Bale
Mcburnie
Shakiri

chanticleer nonmember

As far as goolywogs go , we have all turned into snowflakes
If a picture of Russ Abbott in a kilt with a ginger wig was posted would that not be deemed racist ? Everyone would probably have a giggle at it
Censorship belongs in a police state
I have not many anyone yet but hope to in Melbourne soon . Surely you are not all the sort to take offence easily ?
I will have to curb my sol Campbell chant if so

Silver administrator

I assume your black, Chanticleer?

chanticleer nonmember

Would it matter silver . Do you have grey hair ?

Gudge nonmember

Got some front having a pop at silver Chanticleers ?

Silver administrator

@chanticleer said:
Would it matter silver . Do you have grey hair ?

Coming in slowly. The only 14 year old with grey hair.

Enfield Shane nonmember

I guess there’s no chance of Gareth coming home now huw

“He was born to play for Spursssssssss”

chanticleer nonmember

I’d give him my missus to get him back

Col member

Id take him back as a bench player, if he turns in that type of performance each time. But, probably not at the wage that he would now demand or the certain to be increased, transfer fee that RM would expect.

Enfield Shane nonmember

@Col said:
Id take him back as a bench player, if he turns in that type of performance each time. But, probably not at the wage that he would now demand or the certain to be increased, transfer fee that RM would expect.

Strewth Mate, Put down that long neck of VB!!!!!

Bench player? Are you kidding me? Hes in the top 5 players in the world.

There’s no one at Spurs remotely as good in his position but

Shirt sales alone would pay his wages

Hey he’ll end up at ManUre and win them the league

Gudge nonmember

I’d pay him what he wants , I predict a title if he resigns

Gudge nonmember

@chanticleer said:
I’d give him my missus to get him back

She must be a right old trout

Silver administrator

@Enfield Shane said:
Strewth Mate, Put down that long neck of VB!!!!!

Bench player? Are you kidding me? Hes in the top 5 players in the world.

There’s no one at Spurs remotely as good in his position but

Shirt sales alone would pay his wages

Hey he’ll end up at ManUre and win them the league

Give him whatever he wants, just as long as he ends up in the famous WhiteSpurs kit!

Col member

The bench player remark was rather tongue in cheek, but I see where you are coming from. However, if you pay him what he wants (Levy wont anyway) I think there is the potential that it will create friction with the rest of a settled squad. I think we saw the best of Bale at Spurs 5 years ago, granted he is still a top player, but I just dont see how a player who spent much of the last 2 seasons out injured, is getting older/slower, would be on MP’s radar. If he signs, and it works out great. Just dont see it personally. I would rather that the money which would be required to sign him and pay his wages would be better suited on others. MP and his back room team have a habit of picking up quality (or potential quality under Pooch) for far less. I can see Manure coming in for him though. And Tom, I hate VB as you know mate.

Enfield Shane nonmember

ManUre under Bourinhio or home to WHL where hes already a LEGEND and get us top of the ladder in May

Bale

Pooligan nonmember

@Silver said:
Right then silly season will be upon us soon. Your hopes and desires for the transfer window? Thankfully it closes before the season starts (at least for incomings) so hopefully our squad will be nice and settled.

OUT:
Aurier
Sissoko
Llorente
Rose
Alderweireld (donโ€™t want it but likely)
Dembele (lots of noise about China)

IN:
Mathias de Ligt
Ryan Sessegnon
A proper CM
A proper striker
Some competition for Eriksen

Hopefully Danny Rose aint going nowhere, agree with the others except Toby of course, I’ll happily take Dembele to wherever he wants to go. Absolute fraud of a footballer.

Selling Toby and to a rival just proves where the clubs priorities lay. Money before glory. You keep him pay him what he wants over 5yrs (50m?) and you cant get anyone remotely as good for that price. What did we pay for Sanchez, 40 odd, I know hes a kid and improving but hes a long long way off Toby’s level. How old is Chielleni whatever his name is for Juve, 33? Still top drawer and Tobys lot younger.

Had their chance to get sessegnon last year, long gone now and his price has tripled.

Zaha, Mahrez if we wanted to be a big club Griezmann, Costa for 40m was an absolute steal.

Silver administrator

With Trippier on fire and KWP having signed a new contract, do we need Aurier? He never grew on me and always seems a bad decision in waiting…would happily take ยฃ25m for him.

Pooligan nonmember

Close this thread down, that c**t levy has failed to back his manager again despite the bloke publicly stating he wanted things done before the WC as slow starts are whatโ€™s cost us the last few seasons. Nothing will ever change under these parasites

Col member

Yep, Shit team with only 9 players in the WC semi finals, only finished third last season, Crap new stadium being built and a clueless Management team. Levy spends nothing. No idea have they????

Pooligan nonmember

@Col said:
Yep, Shit team with only 9 players in the WC semi finals, only finished third last season, Crap new stadium being built and a clueless Management team. Levy spends nothing. No idea have they????

9 players in the WC semis and only one of em won a medal
We’ve come up short the last 3 seasons it’s blatantly obvious this squad just ain’t good enough, there’s no pressure on the starting 11 as the squad is poor. If this current lot were that good they’d have at least picked up an FA or league cup. The fact the manager dismisses these trophies rather than build a winning mentality makes me question him. He publicly asked to be backed and get things done early, this ain’t happened, if he had any bolox he’d walk, maybe he’s just a levy puppet?
The new corporate bowl has only saddled THFC with a debt it didn’t need and at no risk to enic. Levy and Enics priorities are profit and NFL income not football and trophies

Gudge nonmember

We’ve won fuck all for a decade
Disgraceful
I want glory glory glory

lucas member

Patience people it will come

paf bbp_participant

Can we please just fucking sign someone, preferably someone i know and give whoever it is sissoko as part of the deal

Mackayfan member

Wasn’t sure about Grealish ๐Ÿ˜• If we can hang on to Alderweireld and Eriksen I will be pleased I like the idea of Alderweireld Sanchez and Vertonghen back 3 I really like young bloke Foyth too who is injured at the moment ๐Ÿ˜• If Moura and Lamela can cover Son being away and Harry stays fit we should be okay IMO lot of ifs in there Rose looks like he will go overseas loan being talked about to France or Germany
Cheers Peter ( Mackayfan )
Keep the Faith
Both Poch and Harry HAVE although with a sizeable pay rise ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

tony no prawns member

She’ll be right.

And if not, fuck it, we’ll keep supporting them.

Silver administrator

So in summary

IN:

OUT:

๐Ÿ™‚

Captain HQ member

Look on the bright side. No agents fees and no accountants to add it all up!

jockney nonmember

Think Pooligans right that Poch is putting on a happy face but must be let down with the promises made. Disappointing but we still have a strong squad who should be stronger as they play more together and gain experience.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.